“Irrelevant Content” is the #1 source of consumer disengagement, 52% of consumers are likely to switch brands if they don’t have personalized company communication, and 65% of businesses are likely to switch vendors.
In today’s world, more and more consumers expect a personalized experience/message. We have moved from one-size-fits-all to one-size-fits-most, personalize communication at the individual level, when the individual is ready to receive the message. This replaces the need to continually interrupt with countless message hoping to catch them at the right time.
Let’s take deeper dive into the problems that can be solved with Artificial Intelligence:
According to Forester, 72% of businesses say improving the customer experience is their top priority.
The Economist Intelligence Unit, tells us that 79% of executives believe AI will make their job easier and more efficient and that 75% say they will actively implement AI in the next 3 years.
What does this mean to Marketers and “micro Marketers”?
A good Marketing Automation system is what breaths life in to Artificial Intelligence, or maybe that should be stated in reverse; I will let you decide. Data is just data, without the functionality of a Marketing Automation system, but you do see AI in other marketing related products or Social Media services such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and others.
The power of what is being labeled “Artificial Intelligence” allows to…
- Observe customer or prospective customer behavior, such as domains accessed
- Understand motives, by knowing what content they view, access more often or time devotion
- Geographic Information, by knowing your IP address
- Brand Preferences – based on site loyalty
- Demographics – from self-reported details or external data you can access (Marital Status, Income, Home Ownership, and much more)
- Although, I personally not a fan of the term “Artificial Intelligence”, the ability to use data to drive more meaningful messaging, positive business decisions and outcomes is a reality, it is being used by your competitors right now.
- If you want to meet your customer’s expectations, it is time to find and implement a good Marketing Automation system.
However, creating a personalized experience at scale is a huge challenge, and it becomes even more complex with every communication channel added to the mix. The answer to the challenge is finding a tool that will support personalized marketing efforts, which alone is no easy task.
Following is a list of a few of the top rated according to G2-Crowd:
- Adobe Campaign
Give us a call to learn more about using Marketing Automation, and even use the concepts at an individual “micro Marketer” level to help you generate a more consistent flow of qualified leads.